A few days ago I signed up on Klout. Have you done so yet?
Via the Klout website: “The Klout Score measures influence based on your ability to drive action. Every time you create content or engage you influence others”.
Upon signing up I was able to see what the powers at hand deemed me to be influential about. To my surprise it wasn’t nutrition or fitness specifically. Klout deemed I was influential about quinoa, vegetables, and cookbooks. VEGETABLES? Awesome! I’m not exactly sure how knowing my Klout score will help me in life (in fact I’m pretty sure it won’t do anything) but today, I’m going to embrace it.
Sautéed Quinoa and Edamame Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 Tbsp. scallions
1/4 cup onions
2 garlic cloves, diced
1/4 cup cooked edamame
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
Annie’s Sesame Ginger dressing
1. Cook quinoa (1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water – bring to boil then simmer for 15 minutes).
2. While quinoa is cooking, sauté onions in olive oil on low heat in a medium sized skillet (large enough to add quinoa to).
3. Once quinoa is cooked add it to sautéed onions along with the garlic, scallions, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sesame seeds.
5. Sauté for ~8 minutes (or until quinoa gets a slight crunch). Add edamame.
6. Top quinoa on handful of arugula and drizzle with Annie’s dressing.
As many of you know arugula is one of the only lettuce-y vegetables I enjoy. I still can’t pinpoint why but I run with it. The flavors from the arugula, quinoa and sesame dressing all blend so well together it’s hard not to go back for seconds! Plus, it’s super easy to turn it into a meal fit for a carnivore (E topped his with steak).