Waking up I had intentions of heading over to Jenn’s and getting in on the WIAW action. I got this far.
And then I forgot to photograph the rest of my day. It completely got away from me. Photo FAIL. So instead of sharing my day of eats here’s what I made for E last night when he returned from his trip.
Caprese Quinoa and Chicken adapted from Jessica.
(yields 3 cups + chicken breast)
1 cup quinoa
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 roma tomato, chopped
10 basil leaves, chopped
1 1/4 lb chicken breast
4 oz. Annie’s Green Garlic Dressing
1. Marinade chicken in 4 oz. of Annie’s dressing for 30 minutes.
2. 20 minutes into marinade session, begin quinoa.
3. Rinse quinoa for 5 minutes, drain water.
4. Add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa. Bring to a boil. Once it has boiled, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes of marinating, cook chicken on skillet. The marinade should coat the pan so no additional oil/cooking spray is needed.
6. Once quinoa has cooked, add in mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Mix.
(Optional – I topped my quinoa with a basil, garlic, olive oil mixture. 7 basil leaves, 2 garlic cloves, 1/3 cup olive oil – BLEND and drizzle on top cooked quinoa.)
7. Once chicken has cooked, plate and enjoy!
I love using salad dressings for marinades. They are full of flavor but you do have to watch which one you select. Some are packed with salt so beware! The best part of this meal was that E actually like it.
E: Is this cous cous?
A: Yep eat it
A 5 minutes later: It’s actually quinoa. Do you like it?
E: Tastes like cous cous
Something To Talk About:
Last night I read an article that talks about a 290lb man suing White Castle because he can’t fit in the seats comfortably. You can find it –> here. He says that the fact that White Castle has not made larger seats to accommodate him violates the American’s With Disabilities Act. I personally think this lawsuit is a little ridiculous. While I can sympathize with the man, I don’t think a restaurant should be obligated to change seat sizes from what they have always been. There are just so many things wrong with a law suit like this. What do you think?